Looking for work? The Career Queen team has got your back! Take a look at our latest job listing:
Communications Assistant, Glamour Gals
- Job Title: Communications Assistant
- Status: Full-Time, Entry-Level
- Location: New York, NY
GlamourGals Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that inspires conversation and companionship through complimentary beauty makeovers given by young volunteers to seniors living in residential care. The program fosters these inter-generational connections on a national scale by organizing a network of volunteer chapters and inspiring empathy among volunteers to alleviate the issue of elder isolation.
The Communications Assistant reports to the Program Manager. This assistant implements all communications across marketing channels with a focus on social media and email, as well as the GlamourGals website, press releases, and more with help from the team.
- Creating chapter programming and event communication materials
- Creating chapter programming assets
- Creating virtual event communications such as Volunteer Mental Health Summit, Glam Camp, GLTI: Leadership Training, Chapter Leader Meetings, Power Brunch, GlamMay – Scholarship Awards and other trainings
- Working with team and volunteer network to gather assets for social media posts
- Consistent communication with PR officers and other key leaders about programming, event and campaign initiatives
- Maintaining organization of communication asset folders
- Preparing monthly e-news to supporters
- Drafting campaign announcements, invites, and updates (Giving Tuesday, Dough4good, etc)
- Drafting Volunteer/Chapter outreach
- Maintaining website content and ensuring homepage messaging reflects current initiatives
- Creating and updating website event pages
- Scheduling and maintaining volunteer blog
- Reviewing SEO Best Practices
- Note: Strong writing skills required; web development/technical skills not required
- Press Outreach
- Draft pitch national, regional, local or campaign press stories
- Social media (all platforms) – Working with a consulatant to create, implement, and correspond via platforms on a daily basis
- Understand the program calendar and translate it into messaging strategy across channels
- Design, within brand guidelines and templates, and write copy for posts
- Schedule and post across all channels
- Actively engage with young volunteers, alumni, GG stakeholders, and followers on social media
- Participate in strategy conversations with team to grow social media following
- Apply social media communications plan to other channels, adjusting language and messaging based on the audience (young volunteers, supporters, etc)
Additional responsibilities might include marketing, communication, and event support as requested by the Program Manager and CEO.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Exceptional writing ability, with an emphasis on short-form copy-writing
- Excellent communication and visual storytelling skills
- Strong organization, attention to detail, and multitasking skills
- Knowledge of software: social media platforms, Adobe, Canva, Squarespace, Google Suite & Microsoft Suite
- Bonus points for knowledge of: Later, video editing software
- Ability to work with team members and independently
- Ability to identify trends and connect broad initiatives to the GlamourGals mission
Paid time off. Work with a small, entrepreneurial, creative team where contributions are immediately recognized. Candidate must already be in NYC area as we have a physical office in Manhattan.
Please send a resume, cover letter outlining why you would be a great fit and what you would bring to this position, and 1-3 writing samples to Team@glamourgals.org.
Lauren Berger is CEO & Founder of both CareerQueen.com and InternQueen.com, reaching over 6 million people and connecting them with their dream careers.